Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sewing: t-shirt pj's


I'm going to start going to start going through my pictures and posting projects that I've made in the past.  
I'll post new projects as I finish them. 
I'm trying to go through old clothes to upcycle them.  
Here's a picture of my son who just turned 2.  The pj's are made from a large t-shirt that I got from donating blood and found in a bag that's been in the attic for at least 3 years.  The top is from the book Sewing for Boys: 24 Projects to Create a Handmade Wardrobe by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage.  The top is the raglan tee.  It's one of the easiest patterns around.  The pants are the shirt sleeves.  My son's been wearing them almost non-stop as they are very soft and comfortable.
I guess his head is bigger than the 2/3 size so I had to cut a slit in the neck to fit.  
The great thing about t-shirt material is that it doesn't ravel so you don't have to worry about finishing seams.
Sorry that the picture is not that great.  I can't get him to stand still long enough to get a really cute one of him but you get the idea.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment