Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Costume: Spider and the Fly


Teresa can wear only story book costumes for Halloween at school.  I decided to do the Spider and the Fly by Tony DiTerlizzi.  I used my wonderful lightbox to trace the pictures onto fabric and then wonderundered them to the dress.  The dress is made from a large woman's tshirt I bought for $3.  I moved the arm holes in and then taperd the side seams.  The ribbon I bought last year at 80% off because it was cool and the fabric I bought years ago for who knows what.  So all told this costume cost me around $5.  It took about an hour to do the illustrations because I kept getting the size wrong for the shirt.  The actual sewing time was also about an hour.  The material is a very slick and tule like and it kept wanting to wiggle under the sewing needle so I had to go super slow.  I just did a tight zig zag around all of the pictures and bingo it's done.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment