Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quilt: Berry Block


This is Berry Block from the book Country Quilts International Designs to Make and Display by Linda Seward.  I made it in September 2011 I think.  I'll have to dig it up and look at the label to make sure.  There's over 1000 of those little circles.  I always admired this quilt in the book and I swore I would never make it if I had to cut each one of those circles out.  Well, I got a Baby Go which is a fabric die cutter and this was the first project I made with it.  It had the little circles plus the leaf pattern in it.  So I fused all my fabric, stacked them 6 at a time and put them through the cutter.  Presto, instant perfect circles ready for me to fuse to my background fabric!  Turned out great.  Got third or fourth in the OK State Fair for it.  I had prewashed all of the fabric but the first time I washed it, it still bled a little in spots.  So be careful with red fabric.  Even with prewashing it can sometimes still bleed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment