Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Costume: Crochet bombed boy


Here's a Oscar's costume for this year.  I got the idea from the crochet artist Olek who does incredible work.  Here's her website:  www.agataolek.com.  She does camouflage crochet where she actually changes yarn color.  I didn't want to take the time to do that so I used cammo yarn.  I didn't have a pattern, I just knew I wanted to crochet Oscar the way she did her crochet bombed people.   So I winged it and it came out pretty good.  It's a little on the big side and I had to do the head over about 5 times but overall it fits pretty well.  I made it using a double crochet in the round.  That means each leg was made as a tube until the crotch.  Then I joined the legs together to form a tube from the bottom to the armpits.  Each arm was made separately in a tube form like a very long glove and then joined to the body.  There is a slit in the back that I'm going to lace up like your shoes.  The head is one piece and has a long neck.  Olek actually crochets her person into their costume but I didnt' want Oscar to have to do that.  He's hoping to win "Best Creative Costume" at school this year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment