Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Costume: Monster costume


I made this costume from McCall's pattern M6628.  It's a size 2/3 but as you can see, it's a little big.  Damien didn't want to wear the head at first because it was a little intimidating but once he had it on, he really liked it.  My intent was to use green felt instead of the grey.  At JoAnn's, I thought I had a ton of green felt at home and it turns out I just had scraps of green and a ton of grey and white.  It was a really easy to make dispite how it looks.  I highly recommend felt because you don't have to worry about finishing seams and it's cheap and easy to work with.  I am going to put a string on the tail and tie it to his hand so it won't drag when we are out.  He does like running around and hitting things with it at home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment