Sunday, October 14, 2012

Quilt: Untitled


Okay, funny story about this quilt.  Three years ago I made a quilt as a donation for my kid's school auction.  It was a signature quilt, you could take it to an event and there were blank spaces on it for people to put the signatures.  It did very well and as I'm going through my pictures I might find what the original quilt looked like.  It was a queen sized quilt and the way it was put together I had a lot of very large pieces left over from it as well as material I had bought for it that I ended up not using.  So I made 2 other quilts just from the left over pieced pieces I had from the original quilt.  I then found a bag of white and brown dotted fabric pieces that I had sewn together but had cut to the wrong size.  So I gathered all of the left over fabric I could find with the idea that I would finally use up all of this fabric for my quilt.  So after messing with everything this is what I came up with.  Liked it and was happy to see all that fabric finally used up.  Well, we are in the process of painting our hallway and there's a nook there where I keep all of my fabric.  All of that had to be moved to my dining room while the hall was being worked on.  Guess what I found in a bag as I was moving the fabric, MORE OF THIS FABRIC!  So now I have to make yet another quilt in this fabric, ugh.  Haven't started that one yet.  When I get to the pictures of the others from this fabric I'll post them as well.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment