Sunday, October 14, 2012

Knitting: Woman's sweater, front


This pattern is the Victorian Lace Blouse from the book Inspired to Knit Creating Exquisite Handknits by Michele Rose Orne.  It won first place and Best of Show in September 2010 in the OK State Fair.  Here's the funny story behind this sweater.  I made it when I was pregnant with my 6th child so I never tried it on.  I put it in the fair thinking, it's a pretty sweater I hope it does well.  I go and am blown away that it gets a Best of Show, my first one!  Take it home and decide to try it on to see if I will actually like it on me. I make almost every sweater to fit me and of the ones I make 95% I don't like on me.  I try it on and it's a total clown sweater.  The sleeves are a good 8 inches too long and the rest is incredibly oddly fitting.  This sweater would fit no one.  Very pretty , very not fitting.  So I take it apart and make another sweater out of it.  I put it in the fair this year and it won first place, yeah!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment