Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sewing: Damien's skull shirt

 
This is an upcycling project using the raglan shirt pattern from Sewing For Boys 24 Projects to Create a Handmade Wardrobe by Shelly Figueroa and Karen LePage.  This is the third shirt I've done with this pattern.  I made it in the size 2/3 and I increased the collar by 1 1/2" to fit Damien's head.  I lost the picture of the original shirt I made this from.  It was an XL shirt we bought for his older brother that was never worn.  I was able to place the pieces so that the used the hem of the shirt for the front, back, and sleeves.  The great thing about t-shirt fabric is that it doesn't ravel so you don't have to do anything to finish seams if you don't want to.  I want to make this shirt in an adult size as it's so easy and fast to do.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: