Saturday, February 16, 2019

Auction: February 9, 2019 Garden Party Hanging Decorations

I saw a pin of these paper chain a while back and I knew that I wanted to make them for something.  Then the Garden Party Auction theme came up and I knew they would be perfect.  I looked for some tutorials and there a few helpful ones but they never showed what each individual piece looked like.  I took the above picture so you can see the kind of pieces I made.  Everything is from 1.5x12" paper.  The paper came from the left overs of the envelopes I made.   The first one I made I stapled together, which was a mistake, it looked awful and I threw it away.  After that, I hot glued them all.  There are 5 strips of 1.5x11" paper that I glued end to end which was the base that all the pieces are glued to.  There are 6 sets to each streamer.

 I had originally made 7 streamers in August and thought that would be good.  As the time came closer and I started finalizing how many of the streamers I would need I realized I would need 40 total.  They were hung in groups of 5 from pvc pipes, so I needed to get going on the streamer making.  I eventually used up a pack of printed paper that I've had for nearly 15 years plus all the extras from the envelopes.  It was also a good thing I took that picture of how the pieces were made because I had forgotten how I did it when I started on them again a few months later.

Here's how the pieces look close up, and this is how they all came together the night of.  I realized I don't have pictures of all 8 but they were all pretty.  I used brown craft paper to back the flowers on top and a clamp at each end to attach them to the pvc pipe on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment