Saturday, February 16, 2019

Auction: February 9, 2019 Garden Party Centerpieces

 Here are some of the finished centerpieces.  They are a combination of flowers made from punches, flowers made from dies, and flowers made from my Cricut Explore Air machine.


 In the corner, you can see a stack of the bases.  I just used 2 paper bowls and an oval paper plate.  I spray painted them silver.  I glued two bowls together at the bases and then added the plate on top.  I used ribbon to cover the joint between the two bowls.  I already had 4 rolls of this ribbon from some past project I couldn't remember and I just had to get 2 more rolls to finish the 30 centerpieces.











I used 11 x 12" paper cut with slits 1" from the top and 3" from the bottom to make the lanterns.  There is a sheet of transparency plastic that I rolled into a tube and then wrapped the slit paper around in the middle.  I used a die cut butter fly from Cricut Cuttlebug Anna Griffin Butterfly Trio.  Each centerpiece had 1 big butterfly and 2 little ones on them.  I bent them along their middles to give them a little more dimension.
 I used David Tutera's Sizzix Framelits Leaf die for almost all of my leaves.  I went through my green card stock in various colors.
 I used my Cricut Explore Air machine to make all the berries in various colors.
 When the centerpieces were placed on the tables, I lit them by putting a tea light on top of a small plastic cup.  The tea light sat too low inside the middle other wise.
 I really enjoyed making all of these.  They were super pretty when done.  They were great because they were lightweight, and because everything was glued on, they were pretty durable.  The only problem was that you couldn't stack them.  I had them all over my house before the auction.






 Here's what they looked like all in a row waiting to go on their tables.
Here's an example of what it looked like finally placed.  I made the brown paper centerpiece snowflakes for every table.  Your local Home Depot or Lowes is a great place for paper supplies.  The brown paper comes in a large roll and is used by painters.  It's much cheaper than kraft paper.  I found a flower snowflake pattern online and enlarged it to fit my paper.  Each circle was about 30" in diameter.  They were pretty easy to make but because the paper was thick, they were harder to cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment