Saturday, February 16, 2019

Auction: February 9, 2019 Garden Party Flower Making


 I started this auction not knowing how many flowers I would need.  I just knew I needed a lot and of various sizes.  I thought I would just use punches for the majority of the flowers but once I had some made, I realized that that wasn't going to work.  I punched a bunch of scrap cardstock and made these cute flowers which are about 2.5".
 I liked the look of making the centers a different color than the petals.  I was looking to make flowers that were more natural.  I eventually made over 200 of these sized flowers.  They were used in the swags and for the wine bottles.
Once I realized I needed larger sized flowers, I went to my Cricut Explore Air machine.  If you want to make flowers in the 6-8" range, this is the way to go.  I had 30 centerpieces to make and each one took 4-6 of these larger flowers.  They all came out very pretty.  I would spend a day cutting them all out on my machine, another day shaping everything, and another day gluing everything together.  I made the flowers in groups of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment