Friday, October 31, 2014

Tunisian Crochet: Scarf

This was my first Tunisian Crochet project and it received fourth place at the OK State Fair.  It is the lace pattern 22 from the book, "The New Tunisian Crochet Contemporary Designs from Time-Honored Traditions," by Dora Ohrenstein.  I really like Tunisian Crochet but I don't know why anyone came up with it.  It's not really intuitive like crochet or knitting.  The book is great in both the history of Tunisian Crochet as well as her designs and explanations.  I plan on doing several more projects from it and hopefully improving my skills.  When I finished my scarf, I noticed the right side was a little more droopy than the left.  I went back to reading the book later and found out why that happened and how to take care of it in the future.  I was just so excited to do this new to me technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment