Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween Costume: Nerd


Ok, when Oscar told me he wanted to be a nerd for Halloween I was not thrilled.  I didn't think it was very creative so I looked up what other people did and showed him this version and he liked it.  I was given a bunch of poster board which is what the front and back are.  I used a large toilet paper box, because our family goes through cases of them, for the body. I made duct tape straps and after much cursing that I had started the front going the wrong direction and really not liking how it was looking until I added all the black line details, I'm actually pleased with how it turned out.  We were both very pleasantly surprised at people's reactions to it.  He got extra candy at the Haunt the Zoo by some nerd lovers and had a lot of high 5's from other nerd lovers.  He won "Most Creative costume" in his grade for it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment