Friday, October 31, 2014

Crochet: Serene Box Pleat Top

This was my crochet top for the OK State Fair and it came in second.  It's the Serene Box Pleat Top from the book, "Crochet So Fine, Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns," by Kristin Omdahl.  I really like her designs and I'm very pleased with how this came out but I have decided I hate doing granny squares.  This pattern was nice because it was a join as you go.  I'm not the type of person who likes to go back and hide all my threads, I'd rather bury them as I go but that wasn't possible at times with this pattern.  Also, I was a row longer than I meant to be when I started the armholes so the top is shorter and the bottom is longer than the pattern but it's all good because I wasn't going to rip each individual square out.  The back has a pretty pannel that is different from the front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment