Saturday, December 7, 2019

Costume: Steampunk Explorer

I found the blogger on youtube call Lost Wax and he's awesome.  I bought his steampunk hat pattern and it was great.  Easy to follow directions and lot's of sizes.  The top hat turned out great. 

I used craft foam and decorative dots to make the hats.  It took about 3 coats of spray paint to make sure all the nooks and crannies were covered.


These are the bracers I made out of pleather, gears, gromets, and compasses.

I steampunked some preschool binoculars we've had for about 20 years.


His jet pack is an orange juice container, 2 soda bottles, 2 snow cone cups, a tuna can, and some gears and tubing.

Used up some material I've had for about 15 years, a scarf no one had ever used, added the goggles that we found to the hat and he's a pretty cool steampunk explorer!

No comments:

Post a Comment